Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 15: Swordmaster of Hoeth

I liked the Island of Blood box when it came out, but I didn't have much reason to buy it since I didn't collect Elves or Skaven, and I didn't really play WFB. I picked up a few minis here & there from bits websites, like the Elf Mage & Skaven Warlord. They look great & are cheap on bits orders ($2-3 usually), but the units, like the Swordmasters & Seaguard, have to be bought as entire blocks ($18 & $20 respectively), so I don't want to make that kind of investment on minis I don't have any need for.
Although it turns out that a local guy went to my FLGS & turned in a group of elves on consignment, so was able to pick up a few minis for fun. Here's the scheme I came up with.



My idea for a High Elf force would be a sea-green scheme with green-shaded silver armor. The hair and cloth were done by basing with Orkhide Flesh, a wash of Biel Tan Green, then layering up to Warpstone Green, Sybarite Green, and then a final highlight of Sybarite with White Scar. I like the color a great deal. I wasn't sure what to do for the gems & sash, but I knew I wanted it to pop, so I gave orange a shot, and I think it works well.

I'm on vacation until Sunday, but I brought all of my painting & photo gear with me, so I hope to be able to keep updating while I'm abroad (across the state really). I hope to have more tomorrow.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment