Thursday, April 26, 2012

Harlequin Deceiver

Last December I ended up painting a Necron Deceiver for a competition at a local game store.  I've never had any interest in working on one for a few reasons, 1. I didn't have any Necrons, 2. I didn't much care for the mini, 3. If I was going to shell out the cash for a C'Tan I'd buy Nightbringer instead.

As luck would have it though The store owner made me an offer I couldn't refuse: I'd get to enter the painting competition for free if I entered his Deceiver mini. So why not? His only real note was that he'd like it to look kinda like a clown.

Here's what I came up with:

I'm rather happy with how he came out. This was one of my first forays into painting a lot of checkers, and the quartering came out better than I'd hoped. However the red feels like it could be a bit too overpowering. Were I to start over I might do the sash black, or a deep grey. Plus the whole red/white/blue scheme makes me feel like it's screaming "America!"

Like I said though, I'm very happy with it. It doesn't hurt that it took first place in the competition & I got an Ogre Kingdom's Battallion out of the deal.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment