Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wood Elves leaks: Treemen, Treemen everywhere.

I got a hold of this Week's White Dwarf weekly, and am pleased to see all the awesome Treemen they've produced. I don't play Wood Elves, but I've always had a real soft spot for the pointy-eared xenophobes. 

The one thing I've never cared for about their lineup was the Treemen. They always looked like big lumbering trees (as silly as that is to write). I wanted something more svelte, more dynamic, and boy did GW deliver.



 
 I really like how the treemen have a kind of sub-skin, and the bark-like exterior. I can see having a lot of fun painting that, considering all the different types of tree there are. My first idea would be to paint it like an Australian Bloodwood tree. The underskin could be a nice rich red, and the bark could be a earthy brown. It'd made a sharp & interesting contrast.

Here are a few more shots from the magazine too.




















~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment