Monday, July 15, 2013

Meet the PC: Paladin of Ilmater

One of my favorite parts about tabletop roleplaying is finding, modeling, and painting the perfect miniatures for our party PCs. I've been doing this for years now, and thought I'd share some of these characters with you.

Back around 2005 a buddy of mine invited me to sit in on his regular weekly D&D session at a local game store, GMed by the store owner.  They were running a Forgotten Realms campaign, so I took that as an opportunity to roll a character idea I'd been brewing for a long time, a Paladin of Ilmater. (his name was lost in the Warp a long time ago). He was a child slave turned holy knight, so he believed it was wrong to deny any creatures their ways of life (unless they attempted to deny the rights of others).

Ilmater's whole thing is healing and protection at the cost of self, so my character was more of a pacifist than most others. I think my fellow players were kinda grumpy when I refused to fight in a few encounters (The giant eagle was just hunting for food, who was I to deny its right to live?). The game only lasted a few more sessions, so I only actually used the mini for it once.


 The mini is Tariq, Nefsokar Sergeant from Reaper's Warlord line. I think it makes him look sufficiently exotic without overdoing it. I painted this up ever so long ago, so looking at it now I think about how the gold might offset the whole "suffer on behalf of others" motif. I'd probably give him a few washes to make him look a bit more worn & dingy.

~Muninn

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The game was over at Merlin's before they moved to the basement, back in the day.

      Delete