Wednesday, April 29, 2015

New Cult Mechanicus leaks

Today we have a fresh leak of shots from the New Cult Mechanicus line. Surprisingly it looks like we're seeing four, or maybe five, new units in a single photo. It looks like they put all the new Mechanicus units onto a poster in a White Dwarf. The more the merrier I say.

I dig everything but the big robots. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but round-edged mech-warrior style suits wasn't it. Other than that, the Tech Priest Dominus, Electro-Priests, and Battle Servitors all look stellar. I'm super excited at the idea of converting those treads onto some other unit. I'm not sure yet, but I bet you could fit Centurion torsos onto the bases to make rolling space marine tanks. Kinda like mini Lord of Skulls.


Also, on the back you can see the cover for the new codex in the lower left.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I was hoping for a fast attack unit that featured some kind of steampunk wings. Kinda like the Convergence's Clockwork Angels. I guess it wasn't in the cards.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment