Sunday, June 28, 2015

Half-Orc Eldritch Knight (or Spellblade)

Two days ago I got my much anticipated reward from the Stonehaven Half-Orc Adventurers kickstarter. I'm not loaded with cash, so I chose the cheaper "Party of Five" option, with one add-on. (I chose the Spellblade, Bard, Half-Dragon Duelist, Barbarian, Nobleman, & the Halfling-sized Wizard).

It's been a while since I actually complete a miniature, and I'm about to start My month-o-minis in a few days so I thought I'd get a little practice in to knock some of the rust off my brush skills. I started with the Spellblade since I like the look of her, & in the new edition of D&D the Half-Orc/Eldritch Knight combo would be a pretty potent combination.  I think she turned out pretty well.


The crimson paint on the coat is a little thick since I'd originally started painting it blue to look kinda like Master Holt from Warmachine, but I realized it might muddle the greenish skin-tone, so I opted for a more complimentary color. I considered making the sword glow, but I wanted to get it done quickly. Looking at it now I think I could stand for a bit more highlight on the khaki coat since it reads a little flat to me. Something to do later tonight I suppose.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment