Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Meet the PC: Vincent, Half-elf Ranger

One of my favorite parts about tabletop roleplaying is finding, modeling, and painting the perfect miniatures for our party PCs. I've been doing this for years now, and thought I'd share some of these characters with you.

A while back I took part in a 13th Age game led by Yorrik. It was my chance to finally play a Dwarf Rogue, and my buddy Anthony’s first time joining my gaming group. He gravitates towards wizards, but decided to branch out for this campaign, & opted for a Ranger. Specifically he chose a half-elven military scout. 

In 13th Age, each character has a “one special thing” built in as part of the character, a defining characteristic, or interesting story element. Vincent’s “one thing” was that he was cursed to tell the truth whenever he’s asked a question. It made negotiating kinda difficult.

The mini is the Ivy Crown Archer from Reaper’s Crusader line. I actually bought this mini during my trip to Reaper HQ two years ago. It is remarkably difficult to find a bow-wielding human that doesn’t look like he’s been living in the woods for a decade, mountain man style. This guy, while not perfect, fit the bill for a military bowman.
  

To make him accurate, I modeled a some pointy corners to his ears to make him a half-elf, and replaced his sword with an axe. overall a simple conversion. I chose to give him an earthy red uniform matched with brown & bronze to give him a more utilitarian look. He's supposed to have a wolfhound companion, but in the last encounter the big boss monster swallowed it whole. If we ever play again, and if he gets a new animal companion, I'll paint him something new.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment