Friday, September 4, 2015

Meet the PC: Tarn Hillhaven, Human Bard

One of my favorite parts about tabletop roleplaying is finding, modeling, and painting the perfect miniatures for our party PCs. I've been doing this for years now, and thought I'd share some of these characters with you.

Continuing the minis from Yorrik's "King for a Day" campaign, today's PC is Tarn Hillhaven, a Skald attempting to find his missing lord. It just so happens the old king was on his death bed & declared the missing noble his successor, so now the PCs are trying to find him before the whole kingdom erupts into civil war (it might have already, but we're in the mountains at the moment). He's more of a long-range character, shooting his bow, casting spells, & buffing the team from a distance.

When I was deciding on color schemes I'd originally wanted to do a seasonal theme, where the cleric, Bran represented Winter, our druid in Spring colors, the ranger in Summer, and Tarn here in Autumn colors (I'd forgotten we had a fifth PC, a warlock). I figure bards should be more vibrant, so I liked orange & a reddish purple for him.


This is actually the first mini I've painted up from my Bones II kickstarter. It's the Pathfinder Eando Kline mini. I mentioned in my last Meet the PC how hard it was to find a good human minis wielding a bow, so I decided to look for something I could do a weapon-swap with. Fortunately Eando here has two empty hands.

One of the good things about Bones minis is that they're really easy to carve, so it was really easy to cut a gap in the back of his hand, fit the whole bow into the gap then refill the back of the hand with greenstuff.

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the cooler spot colors to bring out the oranges and maroons. Might be my favorite in the set.

    Does the mini have that rocking chin strap or did you add that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually has the chin strap, no modification needed. It's part of what made it an ideal mini.

      Delete