Friday, July 6, 2012

How to: Bone Armor

I've had a few friends ask me how to do the bone armor from my Daemon Prince. In truth, it was probably the easiest part of the whole mini. I picked up the technique from watching Soul of Iron work on his sandstone necrosphynx.

Steps:
1. base the model with Krylon Almond Indoor/Outdoor paint
2. wash with Gryphonne Sepia
3. drybrush a bit of white to find the high areas
4. paint thin coats of a light ivory color (I'm using P3 Menoth White Highlight)


I first primed the body, then wrapped it up in masking tape so only the armor bits were showing in order to spray them for a nice even basecoat.
 Then the spray
The next step is to apply a nice wash of Gryphonne Sepia on the armor.
From there all I had to do is apply thin coats of Menoth White Highlight
Easy, clean, & people will wonder how you did it.

~Muninn


No comments:

Post a Comment