Monday, April 8, 2013

Meet the PC: Thia Telmoran, Elven Ranger

One of my favorite parts about tabletop roleplaying is finding, modeling, and painting the perfect miniatures for our party PCs. I've been doing this for years now, and thought I'd share some of these characters with you.

 A year or two back, my friend Robotlich took a rare step into being a GM with a tongue-in-cheek 4th edition &D game that pulled heavily from old video games and heavy metal. There was a fight where we took on characters from Altered-Beast, another had us face off against a berserker Pac-Man, and another where we faced the mighty Skajaquada. He even created achievements that we could earn for performing certain actions during a fight.

My character was an insanely fast, axe-wielding elven ranger. She would pinball her way across the battlefield, knocking enemies prone and keeping them down. There wasn't a lot of roleplaying per-se, and none of the party members were particularly good people, but I was the only one that could have turned out to be an axe murderer (it was written into a possible character epilogue).




















In this particular situation I allowed the miniature dictate my character. I'd had this mini for years, and decided I needed to create a PC for it. The mini itself is an out of production Wood Elf Ranger from the old WOTC skirmish game, Chainmail. She was just too perfect to pass up.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment