Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 6: Diablo Fallen

Thought I'd kick off the week with something a bit different. Here's my take on a Fallen One from the Diablo series:



Turns out this is also pretty timely, since Diablo 3 is coming out next week.

After my Dark Sun D&D game fell through I started playing around with the idea of a Diablo campaign. If you've ever played Diablo you know there are some very creative and iconic monsters, and the Fallen Ones are first among them. To convert one I started with an old plastic Skink archer, cut away his fin, bow, and arrows, carved a pair of horns from sprue, then GSed ears & hair for him. The sword is from the oldschool Lizardmen model, and the shield is a shaved down icon from the front of an Orc shield.

He still looks like a lizard, but enough of the demon comes though that I'm happy with the conversion.

Here's how he looked at the start of Sunday.

The paint itself took 4 hours start to finish including drying times. I hadn't based the mini before priming him, so i got to break out my new Citadel texture paint. It worked pretty well, but I need a better brush if I'm going to make it a regular thing.

Hope you like him.

~Muninn

1 comment:

  1. A very clever conversion and wonderfully painted. I'm going to have to give this a go myself.

    ReplyDelete