Monday, January 28, 2013

Meet the PC: Aria Lael, Shadar-kai Wizard

One of my favorite parts about tabletop roleplaying is finding, modeling, and painting the perfect miniatures for our party PCs. I've been doing this for years now, and thought I'd share some of these characters with you.

Robotlich is a buddy of mine, and one of his favorite settings is Planescape, Specifically Sigil, the City of Doors. So Yorrik went ahead & created a little extraplanar campaign for us. We were given Carte blanche to create our characters. As kooky a backstory as we wanted, or as rare a race as we desired (well, as long as they had rules). There were four PCs total: I played a Shadar-Kai wizard, Robotlich was a Tiefling Bard, Roshko was a Warforged Warden (he was more like a carved wood golem), and my friend Havok was a Dragonborn Sorcerer.

Only two PC minis were every actually finished for this game though, and this is one of them:
Aria here was banished to Sigil for being a little too... zealous... in her social ladder climbing. Maybe it's considered a bad thing to be planning to kill your way to the top. I had reaper's Terezinya mini in mind when I created the character, so it was a small thing to paint her as a grey-skinned Shadar Kai. (The photojournalist in me feels obligated to tell you that there were a few really noticeable paint chips on the mini that I haven't gotten around to touching up lately that I fixed in photoshop, just fyi)

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment