Sunday, January 13, 2013

New this week: Mid Jan.

Now that I'm done with the Terminators I can get back to a few of the other things that have been on the back-burner for a bit.

My first priority is to finish the Greater Knarloc. I've poured a few nights into him this week, so he's about 70% done now. I finished putting on the "Leopard Shark" design yesterday, so the body itself is complete at least. Now I just need to wrap up it's mouth, spines, & claws. The rest of it is mostly leather straps, and little details, so that shouldn't be too tough to knock out in the next few days.

One thing I've been struggling with is the Kroot riders. The owner really wants them to be bright and colorful, like tropical birds, but that might throw off the whole drab shark look. My solution is to use the colors of Birds of Paradise from New Guinea. Here are the two shots I'd be basing the schemes on.











I think the colors could be complimentary to one another, and if done properly, won't detract from the scheme of the Knarloc.

Next: It's time for another local painting competition. I didn't hear about this one until recently, and the deadline is the end of the month, so I have about two and a half weeks to knock out a nice, quality piece. If I have enough time I hope to paint up my Ahriman mini. A lot of people paint him blue, like a Thousand Son, but I have something a little different in mind him. This picture from the Chaos Space Marine codex will be the basis for it.

In my mind, Ahriman is an exile amongst outcasts. His armor will be mostly stripped of it's paint leaving only an oxidized brass color. The robe will be a drab blue-grey, and the coat will probably be a deep navy blue. I want to avoid bright colors with the exception of the areas where I want to draw attention. Here's hoping I have enough time.

More later,

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment