Monday, January 14, 2013

Meet the PC: Mirumoto Tsuichi, Dragon Clan Samurai

One of my favorite parts about tabletop roleplaying is finding, modeling, and painting the perfect miniatures for our party PCs. I've been doing this for years now, and thought I'd share some of these characters with you.

The third and final of our 2006 L5R game was Mirumoto Tsuichi, a traditional member of the Dragon Clan burdened with family guilt and suffers ancestral hauntings. (played by the GM's wife). Literally. He had a really obnoxious ancestor that kept interfering in our dealings. It once made Tsuichi break an enemy general's family tea set while we were negotiating peace (it didn't go well), and on another occasion it distracted our Lion Clan companion during a duel, causing him to lose his eye (that didn't go well either).

 I've had this miniature since '06, and it fit really well with the character. There aren't a significant number of male, dual-wielding dragon clan minis out there to begin with, so it was fortunate this one fit the bill.

Full disclosure though: I only completed this miniature two weeks ago.

I started writing these "Meet a PC" entries in advance and started noticing all the half-finished minis that never made it to table complete. I ran into this mini again while doing some cleaning & just got inspired to paint it. Took me about 6 hours over the course of a day. Turned out pretty well.

Next week will be the fourth and final installment for the members of our Rokugan adventures.

~Muninn

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! It reminds me of my yoshimitsu character from soul cailbur 5 all he needs is a flag on his back lol

    ReplyDelete