Monday, January 7, 2013

Meet the PC: Hiruma Tokaji, Crab Clan scout

One of my favorite parts about tabletop roleplaying is finding, modeling, and painting the perfect miniatures for our party PCs. I've been doing this for years now, and thought I'd share some of these characters with you.

 This is another mini from one of my first gaming groups after getting discharged from the Navy, a Legends of the Five Rings game we did on Friday nights. I didn't know much about the setting or game system when I started, which led to my character breaking some egregious taboos (who knew it was a bad thing to tie unconscious ronin to corpses?).

Anyhoo, here's my character:
 This is Hiruma Tokaji. A Crab Clan samurai with few social graces, and fewer qualms doing whatever it took to complete a mission (assassinating enemy leaders, setting fire to an opposing army's food, sowing seeds of rebellion in their servant populations, the aforementioned corpse-tying debacle, etc). A very ends-justify-the-means type of character. He was an exceptionally tough, sneaky scout, so this mini seemed to fit well. Later in the game he ended up getting horribly burned by some fire shugenja, so the bandages across his face and arm ended up being completely appropriate.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment