Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 6: Maki Watanabe

What can you say about this mini's face that you couldn't say about a flat shovel?

This is the second mini I was given to paint from Fantasy Flight's Adventurer's box, Maki Watanabe. The mini is alright, but everything from the neck up was a bother. Where David Gore had a few notable aspects on his face, glasses, a nose, etc. Maki here was almost featureless. the eye holes were slight indentations. The lips were a slit. Not the best.
The original artwork

Looking at the picture I can tell my paints were too thick. It looks a little caked on, but I did what I could with the time I had. I'd tried to make the coat more red, but it ended up more brown.

On the plus side, I don't have any more of these things to paint. :P

~Muninn

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great considering the lack of detail in the face - most importantly, I'm sure it looks even better on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully better than bare plastic at least. :)

      Delete