Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 17: Celestial Lion (2/4)

Today brings us another member of the Celestial Lion kill team.

This one brought a new challenge: that axe. I like my power weapons to look wicked, but I don't want to overuse my magma technique. I've seen this kind of colorful high contrast metallic look a few places, & I've tried to emulate it before (on a Tiefling Paladin & an Eladrin Warlord) but I haven't had a lot of luck. This time, instead of attempting to wet blend metallics and inks, I used a multi-step process.

I started with a base of Mithril Silver/Asurmen Blue, then picked out highlights and lighter areas in Mithril. I then used another wash of Asurmen, resting the mini upside down so it would be darker towards the tips of the axe. Then I picked out highlights in Mithril again.

I think it worked out well for a quick & dirty coloring effect.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment