Monday, May 20, 2013

Meet the PC: Bastion, Tiefling Paladin

One of my favorite parts about tabletop roleplaying is finding, modeling, and painting the perfect miniatures for our party PCs. I've been doing this for years now, and thought I'd share some of these characters with you.

A while back my buddy Abusepuppy ran a game inspired by an oooold webcomic, "Acid Reflux." It was supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek romp about a group of adventurers coming across a previously unknown God. I enjoyed the encounters, but we couldn't get a good handle on the actual roleplaying portion. We had one super-comical character, and one super-serious character, so there was a bit of disharmony.

For my part, I played a Tiefling Merchant Prince turned Paladin. He abandoned his family and name, taking up the moniker "Bastion" instead. He was a bit more serious, so I probably contributed to the cluttered roleplaying. Regardless I really love the character concept, and if I ever get the chance I'd like to revisit him. Maybe once 5th edition kicks into full swing. Assuming Tieflings are a playable race that is. I hope so.


This mini didn't actually exist while the game was going on. It actually came out a few weeks after we cancelled it. I liked the character and the mini so much I had to get it. This is Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin by Reaper. This is another one of my favorite character minis (the Celtic Knotwork symbol of Avandra on the shield is one of my favorite parts). The sword is actually the first time I tried that coloring technique, so it looks rough to me, but I don't want to try to fix it & make it worse in the progress. Either way, here's hoping I get the chance to use it again in the future.

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment