Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 6: Imperial Assassin

By the way, the intended theme this week is "The Inquisition."

For a while back in the early 2000's GW had a really neat bits ordering system going. You could get some fun, tough to find minis just by cruising their website. It's how I got my Female Commissar, my quasi-limited edition Captain, and today's mini a rogue Trader era Imperial Assassin. I was living in Japan at the time, so this guy was shipped to me there.



















Back when I did the first May Challenge I let the folks on Warseer decide if I would paint a Kasrkin or the Assassin. They picked the guardsman, so I figured this would be the year I'd wrap up this guy.

Of course it'd be traditional to paint this guy black, but where's the fun in that? I have two black assassins, one white one, so the next choice on the Inquisition color wheel is red. I thought about making the shoulder armor and back piece silver to break up the red a bit, but I think the drastic shading breaks it up enough so that the color doesn't all blend together.

~Muninn

3 comments:

  1. Nice, I like the color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very 80's "ninja"... Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I painted that guy when I was, erm ...younger. Anyway it was my first competition mini and I won the youth category. I gave him to a friend who moved away later. Good times, good times :)

    ReplyDelete