Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 2: Commission, Judge Dredd

For the second day of this months challenge I thought I should complete a commission that I'd started earlier last month, the Judge Dredd Commissar.  It has been mostly complete for the last week or two, but work was stalled as I bartered for an converted the Judge Fear helmet on the base.   You can see the colors aren't as cartoony as in the source photo I as given.

Here's the converted Mk III head. It took me a while to figure out how to model the wings since I'm not the best with greenstuff and it'd be really flimsy to model it without anything to brace it.  In the end, I cut up an old credit card, anchored it to the helmet with a pair of pinned staples, then modeling greenstuff over that backing.   

The mini is from Mongoose Publishing, and was a breeze to paint. I had a good time with it and the client is really happy with it too, so I'm glad it's going to a good home.

Another update tomorrow,

~Muninn

No comments:

Post a Comment